Thursday, September 08, 2005

Word From Chris

Hey everyone, it's Rob. I just saw this on the nola.com Uptown/Garden District neighborhood forum (here's the original post.)

Clio @ StCharles by cradcliffe

Friday morning I walked over the cres cty conn into uptown. 3 ring circus was undamaged my house @ clio and carondelet hadn't lost a shingle or a pane of glass and was unlooted. I retrieved my motocycle and drove up as far as webster on st charles back down magizine then up again on prtyania and finially out on tchop. The water stops at about dryaeds and is dry to the river. Amazingly I didn't see one house crushed by trees. plenty of branches down and a few places under construction that had pancaked. but most damage was light. Although most food stores had been emptied very few Magazine St stores had been touched. I'm in SF,CA now rounding up as many construction workers as I can find to return with me to rebuild our town. 99 years ago SF had to do the same thing we are about to do. Don't lose heart. I'm a construction project coordinator and I didn't see anything insurmountable in restoring our nieghborhood to its proud and glorious place of honor. I've also heard through good sources the target date to reenergize the uptown grid is Oct 9.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Swweeeeet!