Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I hope that everyone is safe.I thought that we could check in as a neighborhood about what is going on in our little neck of the woods in NO and try to share information. I will paste below what I have heard from Rob and Emily Wright, to the extent that some of you may not have heard.

As for us, things are not looking good on the roof of our house at 1234 Carondelet though it is hard to tell from the satellite photos. Most everything else in the neighborhood looks all right with the exception of the frame that was going up on the 1200 block of Baronne and that house that Alton Doody had mostly already destroyed on the 1400 of Carondelet, which doesn't look like much of a house anymore.

I know that Jacqui and Sean have a blog about their house. Maybe they would be willing to allow it to be used as a community information page where we can all post information about our homes and immediate neighborhood until we can get back in there and see things for ourselves?

Alternatively, we can set a blog up or folks can simply reply all to this string as they learn things?I have been in touch with Brown's Dairy. They didn't know anything really and said that they were going to call me back. They haven't yet. Their 985 area code number for their facility near Houma is open and I will call them again soon as I am certain that they will be allowed back in before the rest of us.Also, does anyone have email or contact information for others on the 1200 blocks of Carondelet or Baronne, or Clio Street.

I spoke with Radcliffe on Tuesday. He was in Baton Rouge. John Hernandez, Aurora, Miss Betty, Lisa or Kelly, etc., etc., etc. Also, I am worried about Thomas who lived in the apartment that FSRP owns on the 1200 block. I know he is on meds and has no car, etc. Also, has anyone been in touch with Alfredo and his brothers? Camille, is Felicity still in the Lower Garden District - I heard through the St. John's grapevine that she was in her aunts house with a generator and was doing well, all things considered?If folks do make it back to NO before us or know people who are still in the neighborhood, we had a Abita Water delivery a few days before the storm, I think. There is at least one, and probably more, five gallon bottle of water in our backyard, either by the fence door or by the backdoor.Please forward to any one else that may be interested. Please be in touch.

-Billy

No comments: